Sunday 16 September 2012

Snowdon!

This was the perfect weekend away.....no traffic hold ups, great company, beautiful weather, a fantastic walk with amazing views!

Some time back, a few of our fundraising group decided it would be nice to take on a personal challenge, a step away from our community fundraising, and something different to Race for Life which we'd all done a few times.  So, we settled on Mount Snowdon, and after months of planning and training walks we set off for Wales on Friday 7th September.

After a little deliberation on the friday night, a look at the weather forecast and some advice from a friendly local, we decided to take the Pyg track up the mountain - "the most rugged and challenging of the 6 paths up Snowdon" - quote from Snowdonia park website, I'm not making it up ;-)

I still can't quite believe how lucky we were with the weather.....there's not much I can say about this hike so I'll let the photos speak for themselves.....








I would like to thank my lovely friends for making it a weekend I'll never forget, and also all the fantastic people who sponsored us - in particular the many people who sponsored me some of whom I've never even met and only know through twitter, I really appreciate the support.  Altogether the team raised over £1300, which is more than double our target!!

Nx

No comments:

Post a Comment