Tuesday 9 March 2010

Dog Food!

So this is somewhat of a departure from my normal charity ramblings (phew, I hear you say!), but as it was International Women's Day yesterday, I thought I'd indulge myself and give a snippet of life as a woman....
Yesterday we ran out of dog food, so I dutifully went off this morning and bought a big bag before my Shine training walk with the lovely @thornykate. If my husband had been around, I'd have asked him to bring it in - because it's 15kg..... (he's a big dog, needs lots of food!).  But anyway, today the dog needed feeding, hubby wasn't in so I lugged it into the kitchen to put it away, flicking the kettle on for a much needed cup of tea.

there is a point to this story, I promise....

The bag of dog food lives behind the rubbish and recycling bins in the understairs cupboard.... both bins were overflowing so I thought I'd empty them, put the dog food away, then put the bins back - made sense.  Took out the recycling and emptied it and noticed a dog blanket which had been sitting outside for 3 days which needed to go in the washing machine, so I picked it up and carried it into the utility room and put it in the machine.  On the floor was a pair of damp trousers needing to go on the airer, which was full, so I removed and folded all the dry things, hung up the damp trousers, then remembered there was another dog blanket outside the back door which could be washed with the other one.....  so outside the back door I went, shook out the soggy, filthy blanket to bring inside and heard something drop on the patio - the back of my daughter's toy hairdryer I'd been looking for for months!  So in the washing machine went the second blanket, on went the washine machine.  I found the backless hairdryer (conveniently in utility room) and located batteries, then realised why the back had been lost in the first place - a piece had broken off, so off I went to find the cellotape to tape the back to the hairdryer - what a triumph, little one will be very pleased!!  Then back to the kitchen to find I'd left the front door wide open, because I'd got sidetracked and not taken out the normal rubbish bin yet!  So did that, put in a new bin liner and finally opened the new bag of dog food!  Went to the tap to put some water on the food to discover dirty grill pan still in the sink so quickly washed that up, finished with faffing with the dog food and finally gave it to the poor starving dog.

And now I'm sitting with my cup of tea and writing this! 

So you see there's putting away the dog food.... and there's putting away dog food like a woman!

A happy belated International Women's Day to all you amazing women out there xxx

1 comment:

  1. I was so like you before MND Nancy! That really made me smile, thanks. A belated happy women's day to you too x

    ReplyDelete