Thursday 2 September 2010

Chocolate Blog.....

I have written a few posts about fundraising challenges others are taking, from Ironman to cycling the length of the country on a 7-seater circular bike!!  My own upcoming challenge, a 10 mile walk in aid of The Children's Trust, may seem to pale in comparison so I decided to try and stretch that challenge in the hope of raising some sponsorship.....

Anyone who knows me well , if asked to describe me, would definitely include chocolate/chocoholic/cadbury in there somewhere!  So, having done absolutely no exercise over the school summer holidays, having an appalling complexion anyway and looking for a challenge, I've decided to go on a chocolate fast for 1 month - not only will I be challenged and hopefully raise some money for a good cause, but I will (fingers crossed) feel and look better and healthier too!

So, I started yesterday (1st Sept) - this no chocolate lark includes chocolate biscuits/hot chocolate/choc chip muffins btw - and so far I've done a good job of ignoring the box of chocolate covered flapjacks on the kitchen counter, and the pack of kit-kats which call out to me every time I open the fridge!

Like many people, probably mostly women, chocolate is a real comfort food - I have often resorted to scoffing a mars bar in the understairs cupboard following a 'difference of opinion' with my pre-adolescent son!!  Tonight will be a real test for me, as I say farewell to one of my best friends when she leaves to emigrate to Australia.... I may just have to have a glass of wine instead ;-)

As you may know, I do a bit of fundraising now an again ;-) This year I have taken part in 2 Race for Life events, walked a marathon, and also organised Little Legs for Life which my kids all took part in....as I'm so often asking for sponsorship, I'm hoping to get just a few more lovely people to donate just £2 to this fabulous cause for my efforts!

If you would like to kindly sponsor me £2 the link is: www.justgiving.com/NancyScott

Many thanks for reading - there will be a second chocolate blog post next week to keep you updated on my progress :-)

Nancy xx

1 comment:

  1. That is a great sacrifice Nancy. It does get easier as time goes on, and you may never go back to being a full blown 'chocoholic'.
    Has been great to be able to support you, when you have done so much to help me achieve my goals. Hopefully you will still be there for me over the next £20,000 too?
    www.justgiving.com/stephenauker

    Nimble
    x

    ReplyDelete