Monday 6 September 2010

Chocolate blog....week 1


Today is my 6th day without chocolate.....
Last thursday I waved off one of my best friends to her new life in Australia.  As we left the airport we stopped into Boots to get something to drink, and I instictively picked up a chocolate milkshake....but put it back.

Yesterday, I went to visit a friend losing his battle with cancer....I have known him for 15 years, he was at my wedding and was there when I arrived home with my first baby.  On my way home, I opted for crisps from the vending machine instead of my usual chocolate.

Today, I found this cake in my daughter's party bag from the weekend - I would normally have eaten it without even mentioning it to her, but dutifully (and a bit sadly) handed it to her on a plate (and wasn't even offered one of the marshmallows!!).

At the moment I wouldn't say I feel any better in myself for not eating chocolate, but life is pretty emotional right now.... but I think it can only be a good thing, and I'm confident that I can make it to the 30th without caving in!!

My previous post explains in detail what this whole 'no chocolate' thing is for - and whereas this aspect is going quite well, my training for my 10 mile walk isn't!!  But still 3 weeks to go ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Well done! I wouldn't find it easy, i'd be climbing the walls like giving up smoking LOL keep up the good work xx

    ReplyDelete